A total of 60+ validators allow to identify, quantify and map both suspicious production data behaviour and clear anomalies. To that effect, well events (zone changes, injection start/stop, etc) are incorporated in the analysis. A data quality index is generated and data corrective measures proposed for each well string. This step is the first in the reservoir management workflow, and can be used as a pre history-matching validation.
POSEIDON™ DATASCAN entails to review and validate the production data. This module will perform well events reconciliation to ensure data integrity and identify:
- Production data error; these include inconsistencies between rates, cumulative volumes and ratios
- Production data anomalies; these include unusual trends and changes, suspected well allocation and production data anomalies
This functionality was developed to serve as a data pre-conditioning to both LTRO/Reservoir Management activities, as well as Dynamic Modelling activities. More than 60 validators have been coded and further customization can be performed.
POSEIDON™ DATASCAN also can perform Analysis & Validation, where it can perform the following tasks:
- Analyse cumulative volumes, well groups, field production, injection data, watercut and gas-oil-ratios for inconsistencies
- Analyse production and injection trends for rapid increments, peaks and constant values
- Identify missing production data and missing well events
- Repair erroneous datasets and export cleaned-up datasets to POSEIDON™ or other industry simulators
Through POSEIDON™ DATASCAN, production and injection data (well/group/field) and well events history are analysed through a set of validator algorithms with weightings.